Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Getting closer

What a whirl wind of stress, frustration and a spectrum of emotions we have experienced that last few months!  I think we are getting really close to having stability and a HOME!!!

After selling our home in Riverton back in May and moving more times than I care to think about we are getting soooooo close to closing on our home that we have been working so hard for and waiting so patiently.  Although it has been EXTREMELY difficult there have been so many blessings that have come along the way. 

We put an offer in on this home, which happens to be a short sale, back at the end of April.  After getting into a bidding war, we came out on top and $5000 under budget. (yipee!) (side note: this home is so spectacular that it has not 1, not 2 but 5 back up offers)  After playing the waiting game for a few months we finally heard back from the first bank. (this home has 2 mortgages on it which means we need approval from 2 separate banks = takes a lot longer)  This is where Tren and I received a HUGE blessing - not only was our offer accepted by the first bank but the bank dropped the price of the home $20,000 due to a (what we believe) to be a botch appraisal which was done (again, we believe) before the market started picking up.  (insert tears of joy here!)  This made us extremely happy!  (I'm sure you can imagine) 

This also took a HUGE weight off of my shoulders.  As many of you know, I am a bit of a worry wart and a very big budgeter/planner/control freak!!  (is that normal?)  Not only did we have to abruptly sell our home and make very little on it but we had to come up with a huge down payment for our new home after spending thousands on the birth of our child (why we have insurance is beyond me) - lets just say we were draining our savings VERY quickly and we went from 2 incomes to 1.  Talk about stress!!! (my worst nightmare)  So this $20,000 drop in price was an answer to my prayers and I am sure made me a much happier wife and mom!

One month later.....

We heard back this week from the second bank that our offer was approved!  (yipee)  We did our inspection yesterday and there were a few things that need to be taken care of (none of which the bank will do since it's a short sale) but since we are getting such an outstanding deal, we are happy to take care of them ourselves.  Needless to say, if all goes smoothly from here on out, then we will be closing in the next 2-3 weeks!  (insert sigh of relief here)

What an experience/ride/adventure this has been for Tren and I!  It has made us stronger and closer!  We have worked hard on maintaining a positive attitude throughout this whole process and I believe we are now much more positive people!  (thank you trials and stress for that)  We I am so excited for all the projects that are to come with this new home!  I will be posting pictures of a lot of befores and afters!  I can't wait to get started!

Shout out to my family and Tren's parents for taking such great care of our 2 dogs while we are cooped up in this hotel!  I am sure they are much happier being in a place with a yard than here with us!  We can't wait to get them here!  We miss them so much! 

2 comments:

  1. How exciting?! You guys are troopers for having lived in a hotel with a baby, I can't even imagine. But, I can't wait to see your before and after pictures. I love how you decorated your house in Riverton, so it's going to be fun to see.

    ReplyDelete